Wednesday 19 October 2011

My Teaching Philosophy

Being a teacher is not as simple as eyes can see. The truth is, many can teach but few can educate. To me, teaching is more than just finishing the syllabus. Teaching is actually nurturing moral values among students or in other words, the target of teaching is to produce human product which is competent in the aspects of intellectual, personality and emotionally strong. That is the hidden curriculum which every teachers should understand.

The biggest challenge for me as a teacher is to identify the different skills that different students have. Every students have their own assets and mastery but they do not realize it. So, as a teacher I need to always think out of the box planning activities in my quest for discovering their skills. It is so vital for them to identify and develop their skills to ensure they can survive in this globalization era where everything is moving so fast.

As a teacher, I also have to be a role-model for my students. In line with this, I myself need to practice positive moral values and good ethics. I realize that every students possess different level of thinking. So, I need to be alerted with my students especially to those who categorized as students with special needs. Instead of ignoring them, I should give more attention and shower them with love so that they are not give up in learning.

I truly hope that I can make a difference and give the best that I have to this profession.

No comments:

Post a Comment